Join the Team
We’re Hiring a PROGRAM MANAGER!
About Rock County Jumpstart
Rock County Jumpstart is a collaborative initiative designed to improve the sustainability and likelihood of success of Black and Latino business owners in Rock County. We work to remove all barriers that limit the success of these business owners.
We provide the training, tools, and resources Black and Latino entrepreneurs need to start, grow, and sustain a successful business. We collaborate with local and regional organizations that fully support our mission and vision and seek to establish mutually beneficial partnerships that help Black and Latino business owners and the Rock County community.
About the Position
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager provides leadership for the development, management, and delivery of the Rock County Jumpstart incubator and accelerator, with support from other Jumpstart team members and community partners.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and will have experience working with people from diverse backgrounds. They will also be able to develop processes and strategies that allow them to fulfill their duties effectively and efficiently. The Program Manager will fully support Rock County Jumpstart’s mission and vision, providing superior service to Black and Latino business owners in the Rock County area.
- Assist with planning and coordination of Rock County Jumpstart incubator and accelerator program and activities.
- Develop a process to recruit participant organizations and oversee the selection of the Accelerator cohort.
- Manage implementation of Rock County Jumpstart incubator and accelerator programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with program participants.
- Manage and respond to requests for technical assistance, resources, connections, and guidance.
- Serve as a trainer or facilitator, if possible and when appropriate.
- Participate in planning and budgeting process.
- Coordinate an Advisory Board to assist with capacity building opportunities.
- Track program progress and milestones, create reports, and meet with Executive Director monthly for review.
- Coordinate program communications.
- Administer or oversee fundraising operations for programs as well as community outreach.
- Oversee the use of technology for program operations, such as video conferencing technology, presentation software and other communications technologies.
- Assist with creating and maintaining program records, reports, presentations, and proposals.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience managing programs/projects
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Highly developed listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sophisticated interpersonal skills with proven ability to effectively engage with diverse stakeholders through multiple communication channels
- Nimble, able to remain focused and composed in the face of shifting and competing demands and maintain a solutions-oriented perspective
- Understands and embraces the spirit and work ethic of a nonprofit organization, willing to flex responsibilities as needed to get the work done
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Proficiency with Google products (Google Docs, Drive, Sheets, etc.), Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), project management tools, internet navigation and research, ability to maintain databases
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the nonprofit or government sector
Work Hours and Benefits
The Rock County Jumpstart Program Manager is a salaried, full-time on-site position based out of our Beloit, WI office. This is a hybrid position offering 2 work-from-home days per week.
$60K – $65K annually. Benefits include 401K, health insurance, dental and vision, life insurance, and flex PTO (paid time off).
To apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Program Manager Rock County Jumpstart in the subject line. Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.