Join the Team
WE’RE HIRING A PROGRAM MANAGER
About Rock County Jumpstart
Rock County Jumpstart is a collaborative initiative designed to improve the sustainability and likelihood of success of Black and Latino business owners in Rock County. We work to remove all barriers that limit the success of these business owners.
We provide the training, tools, and resources Black and Latino entrepreneurs need to start, grow, and sustain a successful business. We collaborate with local and regional organizations that fully support our mission and vision and seek to establish mutually beneficial partnerships that help Black and Latino business owners and the Rock County community.
We advocate on behalf of Black and Latino business owners with local business and political leaders to encourage them to establish economic development initiatives that improve the quality of life for minorities in Rock County.
About the Position
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager will be responsible for the programmatic success of Rock County Jumpstart, ensuring seamless program delivery, quality control and evaluation. The Program Manager coordinates Rock County Jumpstart programs, monitoring program goals while maintaining a high level of detail for each project they oversee. The Program Manager assists in the management of programs and initiatives related to carrying out the vision and strategic direction of Rock County Jumpstart, particularly those initiatives designed to increase the likelihood of success of businesses owned by Black and Latino business owners in the Rock County area.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Program Manager to organize and coordinate programs. You will assist with providing strategic guidance to business owners, contractors, and consultants in ways that promote the organization’s mission, vision, and culture. You will also oversee the progress of operations.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be an excellent leader and will have experience working with people from diverse backgrounds. They will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics.
The goal is to ensure that all programs deliver the desirable outcome to our organization.
Strategy and Leadership
- Contribute to organizational growth and ongoing development
- Partner with Executive Director on strategic planning and goal setting
- Identify and lead special projects to support strategic goals and organizational priorities
Communications and Engagement
- Build durable relationships within the community by working with Executive Director to engage, manage, and maximize stakeholder relationships
- Drive communications with community and stakeholders to increase knowledge, participation, and awareness of Rock County Jumpstart programs and serve as a community leader
- Develop and manage volunteer program to establish a strategic volunteer base
- Ensures consistent, high-quality evaluation and tracking of timelines, metrics and goals that have been established for the organization.
- Tracks all data and key performance indicators directly related to Department of Administration grant, based on metrics and timelines established by the Executive Director.
- Monitors grant applications, acceptance, and reporting internally.
- Maintains accurate records related to grant applications, grant awards, and grant reporting.
- Establishes and manages a comprehensive process for timely and accurate grant evaluation, quality compliance, project and program fulfillment.
- Establishes consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability.
- Develops monthly report that tracks timelines, metrics and goals and meet monthly with the Executive Director to discuss the report. Monitors and maintains funder and investor reporting schedules and requirements
- Instills a sense of accountability of the organization by modeling tight oversight of organizational performance standards.
- Develops and maintains an internal monthly budget report, ensuring it matches the project budget submitted to the Department of Administration.
- Assists Executive Director in achieving financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- A compassionate and empathetic leader who values and honors others’ experiences and perspectives
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership skills that combine leading with inquiry, willing to ask questions, and accepting that you don’t know everything
- Sophisticated interpersonal skills with proven ability to effectively engage with diverse stakeholders through multiple communication channels
- Highly developed listening skills
- Skilled project manager with excellent organizational and time management skills,
attention to detail, and follow-through
- Nimble, able to remain focused and composed in the face of shifting and competing demands and maintain a solutions-oriented perspective
- Understands and embraces the spirit and work ethic of a nonprofit organization, willing to flex responsibilities as needed to get the work done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred
- Proficiency with Google products (Google Docs, Drive, Sheets, etc.), Microsoft products
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), internet navigation and research, ability to maintain databases
Work Hours and Benefits
The Rock County Jumpstart Program Manager position is full time with flex hours and the ability to work-from-home/telecommute. This position is based out of our Beloit, WI office.
Compensation: $55K – $60K annually. Benefits include health insurance, holiday pay, and paid time off.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rock County Jumpstart is a fiscally sponsored project of
Center for Community Stewardship (C4CS), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.